Mike had the pleasure to hold a multi days clinic with several riders and their reining horses in Bavaria, Germany. The clinic was organised in collaboration with SWS Westernhorses (Susanne Schnell, trainer ) Mike really enjoyed the quality of riders and their horses. Nathalie and Mike want to add special thank you for the hosts Susanne and the owners, located at the beautiful Green Valley Ranch of Schwand, Germany.
We wish all riders and their horses success in the show pen ion the upcoming events in Europe!
Reiner Magazine Article with Photos
Million Dollar Rider
NORTH CAROLINA TRAINER’S MILLION DOLLAR CAREER.
A $10,000 PAYCHECK WAS THE FINAL DROP OF FUEL NEEDED TO propel NRHA Professional Michael McEntire into the circle of NRHA million dollar riders. McEntire earned that check as an open finalist in the 2013 NRHA Futurity aboard Maggie Jac Whiz for the horse’s owner, Tim Anderson. Continue reading Million Dollar Rider
Mike was chosen to represent the discipline of reining in a mural. The murals are around the outside of the Fort Worth stock yards in Texas.
For Immediate Release – December 27, 2013 – Oklahoma City, Okla. – By Hayley Lewallen – No stranger to great accomplishments in his career, NRHA Professional Mike McEntire hit another milestone by becoming the National Reining Horse Association’s (NRHA) newest Million Dollar Rider after his Open finals performance at the NRHA Futurity.
McEntire’s performance aboard Maggie Jac Whiz, owned by Tim Anderson, in the NRHA Futurity Level (L) 4 Open finals earned him over $10,000 giving him last push he needed to cross over the million dollar mark. Mike has been a perennial finalist at major NRHA events such as the NRHA Futurity, NRHA Derby and National Reining Breeders Classic. Some of the top honors he has earned throughout his reining career include:
- 2001 United State Equestrian Team Festival of Champions Champion on Boggies Secret and third place on Freckles Top Prize
- 2003 Dorminy Plantation Futurity Open Champion on Jazzygun and Atlantic Breeders Futurity Open Champion on Smartys Big Wish
- 2004 Carolina Classic Derby Open Champion and Reserve Champion on Nics Whiz and Little Foxy Knoxie, respectively; and All American Quarter Horse Congress Futurity Champion Open Dorminy Plantation Futurity Open Champion on Hot Smokin Chex
- 2005 Tradition Futurity Open Champion on Bueno Chexolena
- 2006 Dorminy Plantation Futurity Open Champion on The Great Guntini and Tradition Futurity Open Champion on Miss Gunny
- 2007 Double Run Futurity Open Champion on Helluva Chex
- 2008 Double Run Futurity Open Champion on HR Okie Whiz
- 2009 Double Run Futurity Open Champion on Baroom Gunslinger
- 2010 NRHA Futurity Open Reserve Champion on Red Stripe Spook
- 2011 All American Quarter Horse Congress Futurity Open Champion on Harley Surprize Lena
- 2012 Carolina Classic Atlantic Breeders Incentive (ABI) Futurity Open Champion on Rey Jays Revolution; and ABI Derby Open and Carolina Classic Derby Open Champion on Red Stripe Spook
- 2013 Florida Classic Derby open Champion and Reserve Champion on Red Stripe Spook and Big Hollywood Cowboy, respectively
His success hasn’t been limited to just the show pen, McEntire holds his NRHA Judges card, is on the NRHA Judges Committee, is a member of the NRHA Professionals and is known for owning the legendary reining stallion Be Aech Enterprise for a period of time.Mike and his wife, Nathalie, reside in Selma, North Carolina where they train reining horses and stand Lil Ruf Rider and Mr Boomerjac. In his free time, Mike enjoys competing in motocross events.
Incorporated in 1966, the National Reining Horse Association is the standard-setting body for the sport of Reining. NRHA, with their International Headquarters in Oklahoma City, is responsible for promoting the sport of Reining and working to ensure the highest standards of competition. To learn more about the NRHA, its programs and family of corporate partners, visit nrha.com.